Saturday, April 10, 2010

Mr Nice Guy vs Mr Not Going To Happen

After my realisation the other day, I teed up a 'meeting' with a guy I had been chatting to from RSVP for a while. We had been chatting on messenger for about a month; we had tried a couple of times to tee something up but it never eventuated. This is Mr Nice Guy. He's a nice guy, can't fault anything - he has a 9-5pm job, great social life, and great friends by the sounds of it. A close family, he drives a car (albeit, not a Holden...), he's polite and onto it (organised our first 'meeting' without even blinking), we have a nice, easy conversation - so what more could I ask for?!

This weekend I'm seeing him again, for our second 'meeting'. My turn to organise; just the movies and a bite to eat afterwards, something easy and casual. So I'm trying very hard not to find that reason to 'sabotage' this...thing we have going here. Although, I can already think of reasons, I'm just pushing those thoughts to the back of my mind and trying not to think about them.

Last night I had a drink with Mr Not Going To Happen. We get on so well, lots of laughs, talk about everything and everyone, little bit of flirting etc, but it is not going to happen. Why? Because he's already taken. I get it but I don't get it at the same time. I know I said in my last post that I think I go for these guys because I open up to them, let them see the real me - no holds barred, but I just can't be like that with potential suitors for some reason. Why?! Am I scared I'm not going to like what they see/hear? But Mr Not Going To Happen likes it, so why wouldn't Mr Nice Guy? I just need to relax, I know that, but gee, it's hard changing your ways after so long of being that way.

So lets call it a date. I'm going on date number two with a potential suitor and nice guy, tomorrow night. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment