Sunday, September 5, 2010

When you have nothing to say, but end up saying something after all

I wish I was one of those people who could just blog about anything and everything, all the time. But instead I go for weeks between posts because I don't have anything to say.

I always want to write something, but I just don't know what. I wonder if writing about my dating life will become monotonous because it's all I seem to do. Although, it's not, of course, but I don't want anyone to think that's all I have going for me; although I suppose we are talking about the single life of a 30-something gal. I wonder if writing about the interesting people I come in contact with each day on public transport will take up enough lines to make a decent post and I wonder if the story of trying a new recipe, it going horribly wrong and having to bake another, from an old favourite recipe that ends up turning out perfectly, as usual, is the type of thing people are looking for? So then I spend hours trawling other people's blogs trying to find inspiration, but still can't find that 'thing' to talk about.

I wish I was one of those people who are happy to park in the furtherest car park from the entrance to the shops, and I wish I was one of those people who liked to walk everywhere. I wish I had more money and didn't have to do research for accommodation for my upcoming trip and could just book something now. I wish I could drink more than 2 glasses and I wish I could find 1 man, like the last 2 but mooshed together.

I wish I had a full garden full of flowers but instead I bought a little apartment with no garden and I have a borrowed piece of dirt in a communal garden with 3 yellow tulips and 6 more to flower. I wish I had a little dog to keep me company, and to take walking but instead I have no backyard but a lovely little apartment with polished floorboards and patio overlooking the pool.

So, for the time being, my life consists of blog posts every once in a while; enjoying the lovely spring weather that Perth has to offer while pottering around in my 9 tulip garden and getting excited each day that another one flowers. I am focusing on walking 10,000 steps a day (10,000 steps a day keeps the doctor away) and eating healthy and going on a 'bank diet'. My dating days are still on going. By no means am I the desperate and dateless serial dater I dread and often see out there, I am the girl who is seriously looking for Mr Right, not just Mr Right Now. So if that means I have to meet a 'few toads' before I find my prince, then so be it, that is what I will do. I am the girl who is always looking for a challenge, the girl who feels she's done as much as she can in her current role and is ready to move on to bigger and better things. I am the girl who is content with life, but always looking for more; always bored but never bored at the same time.

I am that girl you see at a cafe, sitting and reading on her own, oblivious to the looks of envy around her; wishing you were more like her. I am the girl I have always wanted to be, with a little room left for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment