Sunday, March 21, 2010

English accents, over-enthusiastic men and yummy food

I don't know what to write about, so let me tell you about a few things that have been going on in my life lately and see if we can make an interesting post out of it!

Ok. This week I took my profile off the dating site. I don't know if this is normal or not, but I just can't get into it. Is it because I'm flirting with someone else who is not on internet dating... I think that has something to do with it. But nothing can happen between me and this other person, so I should just get right back on there shouldn't I?! I have been emailing another guy though, from the dating site, but he's starting to annoy me with his over enthusiasm. Why is it that when we want someone to be interested they aren't and when they are interested they are 'too interested' and annoying? So this guy I've been chatting to on email sends me a couple of really long emails a day, so I said to him that I can't cope with more than one of these long babies a day! Ha! And then we started to chat on messenger; I thought this would slow the long-winded emails down, but now he's emailing me as well as waiting for me on messenger every day. Yesterday we chatted for about an hour on messenger and he sent me 5 emails!! And then asked for some more photos of me.... and said 'do you think it's weird that a guy wants to look at a pretty lady all day?' Um, yes! So I haven't answered yet.

I also had a friend of a friend staying this week - she was passing through from Sydney to London and knew a couple of people here in Perth so decided to stop by for a couple of days. It was so nice to see her, and has made me a bit more excited to see our mutual friend this coming weekend when I go to Sydney. I miss their accent, and it makes me miss London...siiiggh. So we went out for St Pat's Day (as you do) and got a bit merry; it was fun, and I don't know how long it's been since I've been out 'drunk' on a Wednesday night! Probably not since Steve's days.... Oh, they were the days too... I also went out for drinkies the Friday before with the work crew and also managed to get a bit merry there. For those of you who know me, will know that I don't ever drink very much, and as this was my first work crew drink-off (as I've only been with the group for about 6 months and am a huge believer of keeping work and social life separate) they just wanted to get me drunk! And then I proceeded to tell work people things I shouldn't. This is why I don't drink often around work people...and other reasons, but I think we get the gist....

A few months ago my cousin and I started up a Dinner Club where we go to a fancy restaurant once a month and live it up. We get dressed up, drink nice wine, eat lovely food and spend probably a bit more than we'd usually spend when we go out for a meal. So we've each invited some of our own like-minded friends to join our club and this month it ended up being only girls attending - so lots of laughs and a great night was ensured! We went to In Contro in South Perth. I haven't been for a couple of years, but I will say that out of all the restaurants we've been to so far, our meal at In Contro's last night was the best. A bit pricier than the others, but SO SO SO delish!! And I highly recommend it. (Any of you Perthian's may have heard In Contro's in the news recently because Daniel Kerr had his wedding reception there). And I just have to plug the Spanish Style Curry as being the best curry I've ever had!

So far the list is as follows:

Nine Fine Food
Oceanus
The Red Herring
The Grand Palace
In Contro

And last but not least. Another plug. I'm so into the long-line tops that have come out this season. For once, I'm up with the fashions and not a season behind. So I had a little spend up yesterday and bought some leggings and long tops. Hopefully I'll look the part when I go to Sydney this week - or maybe I'll start a new fashion trend over there...haha, I'm so funny!

Until next time...

C xx

No comments:

Post a Comment