Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Summer lovin'

So this weekend in the West has been one busy weekend, and full of new adventures, thoughts and feelings.

On Saturday I went on my little Island Adventure and had a surprisingly good time - and I'm thinking now, why don't I do that more often? There were no fearful bike riding expeditions; I had my first swim in the ocean in a long time; wore bathers in public for the first time in a long time; fell in the ocean out of the tender for the first time ever - and received a lot of cheers in the meantime :); and today I have bruises in very unusual places and skin off my knees...from I don't know what, but overall I had a good time!

And Sunday was spent at birthdays and celebrations. Sunday night I witnessed a very close, long time friend tie-the-knot with her girlfriend. It was so lovely to see so many people there who accept the love they have for each other; I am so glad I could be a part of their special day. I also discovered something about myself I never knew....will this open new doors for me?

It seems to me that people in the gay community can find their special someone a lot easier than those of us who are straight. Why is this, or is it just me who thinks like this? Is it because the gay community is a smaller community than the straight community, therefore they have less options? Or is it because they really do know what they want and it's easier to come by, than with someone of the opposite sex? Or is it even about choice? Every gay person I have ever met has also been so happy, so confident and so sure. Anyway, whatever it is, I am very glad to say I have gay friends. It is opening my eyes to a brand new world - A very fun any happy world. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment