Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Inspiration

It feels like my life is revolving around blogs a the moment. Ever since I decided to write this blog, everyone is doing the same.

I read blogs that I follow every day and then some that I stumble upon when trying to find some inspiration and doing research. I watched the film Julie & Julia today which is about a girl writing a blog on her mission to cook her way through a French recipe book and of course there's Carrie Bradshaw with her column on SATC. Blogs are everywhere. But they are inspiring and I just keep thinking, maybe one day a newspaper will ask me to write a column...

So, while I've been exploring the world wide web I've found quite a few amusing sites and blogs that I thought I would share with you.

There's this chick at More is Better who just wants to meet everyone on the planet, and likes to talk about herself in third person, is crude, funny and calls a spade a spade. From reading this blog you will also find some other interesting sites she follows, such as www.textsfromlastnight.com which is a site that random Americans send their random text messages in for random public viewing. This site has actually taught me something about American college students; they are all sex crazed, alcoholic, pot smoking, lunatics! Are our Uni students like that?? Another site I found today while looking for some inspiration is www.confessions.com.au. You can confess your sins to the world, anonymously! How good is that?! And I have already put it to good use... I've also seen mentioned somewhere a site on 'guess her beaver'. You see a photo of a fully clothed girl, and then you see a photo of her unclothed. It's bizarre - who sends in pics of themselves like this for all to see? And how many actually get it right - landing strip, brazillian etc? And I bet you are all wondering what kind of inspiration I get from sites like these too... How not to be a sex crazed maniac, or where not to send photos of my beaver, or why drunk dialing is never a good idea...

But I also get my inspiration from my gorgeous friends and of course my life experiences. This blog has made me think more about everything, and writing this blog has become quite therapeutic; I'm loving it, and I hope you are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment