Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

So I'm back on the cycle...when will it end?

My life goes in a cycle, month to month; year to year. I'm bored with my life, I want to change something, I post a profile on an internet dating site and see if I can meet someone. I might meet a few 'nice' guys but never guys I actually click with, I go on a few dates but then for one reason or another it doesn't work out; I go back to internet dating and there's not much interest. I get bored but push on, this time I want to make a real effort. There's not much interest out there, everyone seems boring - what do I want? I'm bored, I think I might take my profile off, its just not working for me. I still check my internet dating account and I'm getting 'nudge' after 'nudge' and email after email. What's with that? I'm not interested anymore!

I think I think that my boredom comes from being on my own, but now that I think about it, I don't really know if that's it or not. I tend to hear about a lot of people choosing this path in life. Do they think life is better on their own, or is it not by choice after all? Sometimes I think I would choose to be with someone as opposed to being on my own...but...I also think, when it comes down to it, I don't know if I want to be in a relationship... I still want to be able to do as I please, flirt with whoever I want etc. And I definitely can't fit another body in my little apartment (unless he came naked which I'm not opposed to at all). Am I just bored of this cycle? I think so! So for a temporary fix, I'm changing my hairstyle! But it's obvious I need to do something else.... Maybe I don't need a Mr Right, just a Mr Right Now - someone who can help with little jobs around the house, but who will still let me go out and have my single life. Is there such a thing?!

If anyone has any real life experience in this; would love to hear from you!

xx

1 comment:

  1. I have been thinking about this post ever since I posted it and now think that the only reason I think that this about my relationship status is because that is the only thing that never changes. But maybe I need to change something else, in order to change my relationship status, maybe the decisions I've been making thus far, haven't been the right ones. Hmm, something to think about...

    ReplyDelete