Thursday, January 13, 2011

Eat So They Can

Over the holidays when I had time to watch day time television, I was watching a cooking show where one of the contestants was talking about a charity she works for, Eat So They Can.

Eat So They Can is an international fundraiser that invites citizens of the world to participate in what is collectively one huge dinner party 16-17 October 2010. People from all over the world will host a meal and ask their friends and family members to make a donation towards ending child poverty.

All donations will go towards GVN Foundation's Global Fund to support children, women, emergency relief and anti-trafficking initiatives. GVN Foundation is an international charity that is working to end child poverty around the globe.

Please join me and consider hosting an event yourself. Follow these steps to get started!

1. Sign up as a host at www.eatsotheycan.org
2. Log-in to your host page using the username and password which you will be emailed. Click ‘Modify My Event’ so that you can upload your photo and add information about your event.
3. Invite your friends and family to your event by sending an email with a link to your host page.
4. Organise your event making use of all the great resources you will be sent by the ESTC team such as our DVD, posters, fact sheets, stickers and event ideas.
5. Host your event!

So that's what I'm going to do, I'm going to host my own dinner party, for 30 or so people, pool-side. And I'm really looking forward to it.

Come and join me and host your own dinner party; what better reason is there to share food with your friends and family and helping those less fortunate than ourselves.

Sign up today!

No comments:

Post a Comment