Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Dating in Twenty Ten

My lovely English friend from Sydney told me about a new internet dating website she thought I should try; so, good old me who likes to try everything new before everyone else, has signed up and is giving it a go.

In creating my profile they ask about 50 questions on which they create a personality profile and then match you based on this. There is no scrolling through pages of random faces and for once a site where no one from the general public can go in and see you in all your glory on an internet dating site (phew!).

So it's been a few days since I signed up and I have had 4 'matches'. Four! Excuse, me, but surely there are more than 4 out there?? Firstly, only 2 of them matched my age group preferences, and none of them matched my looks preferences, not that that is an option, but unfortunately (for them?), I think there has to be some kind of attraction there, even if it is internet dating and so far, they haven't had anything else going for them!

I'm asking you, is it because it's early days for this new site and there are no candidates available, or, am I majorly difficult to match to??

Yes, I've been single for a while now, and been on many dates, and kissed a lot of toads, (but not as many as I apparently need to before meeting my prince) so a girl has got to wonder WHY it is so hard, and taking so long. But over time I've realised it'll happen when it's meant to happen, but geez, this is really trying my patience, of which I've never had much of anyway!

I've tried all the different scenarios like going for the guys with hot bodies, trying the 'opposites attract' option, going for the guys I wouldn't normally go for and lastly, the guys who have no money (are these ways of proving to myself that beauty isn't just skin deep, or that I'm not really judgemental or materialistic?), I've had friends set me up with their workmates and meeting guys on a night out. And yet, here I am, still single. But you know what I've learnt so much about myself and even though it's had its tough times, I have enjoyed myself, have some great stories to tell, and have become a better person for it (with great interviewing skills!).

So now, I'm just winging it. If a guy likes me and I like him, then why not? If he has kids it's a bonus! Well, hey, that's a couple less I have to squeeze out myself! If he has red hair, maybe I can help re-invent the wheel - they are a dying breed you know; or still living with their mother at the age of 40 (hm, the M-I-L might be a tough one to crack, might stay away from this one for the time being!). You know what, I'm actually so used to being on my own now, that dating has become a bit of a hobby, so lets see if I can get this hobby down pat and actually have something to show for it this year. :)

Stay tuned for more dating adventures...

Courtney x

No comments:

Post a Comment