Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My island adventure

In keeping with my theme of this blog and "re-creating" myself I have put my name down to attend a weekend 'work excursion'.

Now, I'm sure most of you won't see anything unusual about this, and definitely nothing to worry about... but, this morning I woke up having dreamed about it all night and feeling quite stressed! It's hard for me to explain why and I assume most people won't understand but I usually try to keep my work life and social life separate except for the odd exceptions.

Luckily for me I'm going with another couple of girls and after asking many questions today about what we will do on our island adventure, it was agreed that we are all in the same boat and all worrying about the same things. Yay, there are other weirdo people out there like me!

What to wear? I put my name down for this 'adventure' about a month prior to the date and I have been trying to work out what the perfect outfit would be all that time. Obviously I don't want to wear something that shows too much skin considering it is a work thing - so there will be no swimming in front of the others! And I don't want to be overdressed either. T-shirt, tank, flowy shirt, skirt, shorts?... oh, the dramas! I have a reputation to uphold you know! :) I want to look the part without looking like I've put in too much effort...like it just comes naturally! I'm not worried about what everyone else thinks, I'm worried about what I think!

I was also worried about what activities we'd partake in while on our island adventure, thankfully the other girls I'm going with have bike phobias too. Phew. Whoever made up that saying "It's just like riding a bike" obviously was a bit more coordinated than I am. If everything I did was 'just like riding a bike' I'd have some serious dramas in my life!

So my little island adventure is coming up in a couple of weeks so hopefully I work out what to wear, buy a new swimsuit and STOP freaking out!! I know, I'll be ok once I get there...won't I?!

1 comment:

  1. I totally get the bike phobia. The first time I went to Rottnest with my boyf (assume thats where you mean!)we rode around the island all day. By the end of the day I was pushing my bike along while I walked, in tears. I love riding my bike now but at the time? I was an unco.

    My advice is to wear something you're comfortable in. If it was me I'd either go with a pretty top and shorts or a dress :)

    ReplyDelete